Did you know you can get a total body strength training workout-without the weight? With rubber resistance exercise products, you can tone, shape, and strengthen all of the major muscle groups in your body using lightweight, affordable, portable tubing that goes anywhere you do.
Just think of it as pumping rubber.
"Pumping Rubber™ has become a quite popular and effective means of strengthening and conditioning all of the major muscles of the body," says Greg Niederlander, SPRI® Director of Education. "You can perform gym-type weight machine and free weight exercise movements with rubber resistance products, all for just a fraction of the cost of traditional equipment."
One of the best things about rubber resistance products is that they can be used effectively for any muscle in your upper or lower body. From arms, shoulders, and back, to hips, thighs, and buttocks, you can perform a variety of exercises and create routines to target any part of your body you want.
Here are some basic moves to try:
- To tone your arms: Try holding on to the tubing handles, stand on the middle of the tube with one foot, and perform Arm Curls.
- To tone your shoulders: Next, straighten arms up and away from side of body and perform Side Arm Raises.
- To tone your buttocks: Now, position one foot behind your body in a split-stance, and perform Lunges.
- To tone your thighs: Finally, place both feet on the tube shoulder width apart, position handles on top of shoulders, and perform a Squat.
Rubber resistance products are also ideal for all ability levels. The tubes come in a variety of different resistance levels, so beginners can use them as effectively as the most fit exercisers.
"With rubber resistance products, you can workout anytime, anywhere in just minutes a day," says Niederlander. "Portable exercise tubing products are lightweight, they store easily, and they can be used at home, at the office or on the road. So you can get a safe and effective workout in the convenience and comfort of your own home, without the need for expensive gym memberships or bulky home weight equipment."
As with any strength-training program, there are a few tips you should keep in mind before using rubber resistance products:
- Check with your healthcare professional before beginning an exercise program.
- Perform 5-10 minutes of cardiovascular exercise activities to increase your heart rate and respiration and get a bit of a sweat going before performing your tubing exercises.
- Always warm up your muscles with flexibility activities before each tubing exercise session.
- Make sure to breathe deeply and never hold your breath while performing tubing exercises.
- Perform tubing exercises in a slow and controlled manner.
- Be sure to eliminate ant exercise that cause pain or discomfort. Remember, "No Gain, With Pain!!"
Rubber resistance exercise products are possibly some of the most affordable, versatile exercise tools on the market today. To learn how you can easily incorporate the benefits of rubber resistance into your exercise routine, read on for more information about products from SPRI®, the market leaders in professional rubber resistance products.
Bring a whole new level of flexibility to your workout with SPRI® Xertube®. SPRI®, the pioneer and established expert in rubber resistance, creayed the Original Xertube® to deliver rapid body strengthening and toning results-without weights. This durable rubber resistance tubing is available in five color-coded resistance levels from very light for beginners to ultra heavy for the extremely fit. Each Xertube® comes with an Instruction Sheet and when coupled with the SPRI® Door Attachment the pair become ideal for toning and strengthening back, chest, shoulders and forearms.
"As a personal trainer, I've found that many clients who do not particularly enjoy traditional weight training really appreciate the soft, gentle resistance feel of the SPRI® Xertube®," says Niederlander. "For these clients, and many others, Xertube® is a wonderful alternative that can deliver all of the benefits of strength training in a comfortable and convenient way."